Translate

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

That Proud Feeling

This isn't going to be a very long post, as I'm not feeling so well today. I had a hellish night, thanks to a raging Interstitial Cystitis flare, so I am in need of a nap.

Things have been difficult since my grandparents passed in May. I felt so much grief and disconnected. From everything. I still saw beauty in things, but I could not bring myself to sit and design jewelry like I used to. The spark wasn't there. It actually started last year at this time, when Pap was taken away. I had surgery the same month. All these traumatic life events happening at the same time, and took my creativity.

It's hard to do anything creative when your mind is somewhere else. Equally as hard when the Endometriosis, i.c, and fibromyalgia, flare all at once from all the stress. Slowly but surely, I feel like I am making progress and coming around.

With all that in mind, I decided to design bracelets in memory of Vietnam Veterans. My father is a Vet, and I member and official writer for the Children of Vietnam Veteran's Health Alliance. I have been making and selling three styles of bracelets for less than a year, but just recently got a message that really touched my heart.





That right there. THAT'S why I choose to keep designing.

If you are the child of a Vietnam Vet, or know of one, please direct them to covvha (dot) net for support and information.
Below are the three styles I designed on sale at my etsy store.



If you are interested in the essays I wrote, just search for Willow on the site!

No comments:

Post a Comment