Translate

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

All my Loves

One of my biggest passions is dancing. Maybe more so than designing jewelry. I feel the Divine Spark, the breath of life coursing through when I move. Even when there is no music, I can find a song in my heart. I am a trained dancer; that is where my heart lies. It wasn't until the chronic health issues that my true love was affected. I never realized how lucky I was before. To move, jump, shimmy, etc to the beat, without pain. Without counting minutes or spoons like I do now. I know it's wrong to be envious of others, but I find myself feeling that way when I watch others with unlimited opportunities and perfect health, let it slip away.

I am learning to accept my limitations and body as it is. I can still dance on good days, although they've been fewer and far between. I won't give up, though. I may sneak a belly dance, or a few steps of Kathak (represented by the bells and Nataraja Statue below) when the moment is right. I may not be able to move for long, but my body will build up its strength again. I focus on quality and satisfaction of the movements, rather than an unlimited amount. That's not important.


Do you have similar tastes?

No comments:

Post a Comment